Monday, January 04, 2010

The Lost Symbol By Dan Brown

Long awaited but rather disappointing to me.

I like history and enjoy historical fiction but Dan Brown bored the heck out of me with his extensive background on the Masons and their confusing and dumb symbolism.
There was a little too much preaching and some characters, including Langdon, who were not equal to or as strong as those in his previous novels. The puzzles were forced and esoteric and not very interesting. He did have a very evil and malevolent antagonist and there were a few interesting and tense situations and a couple of surprises towards the end but overall, I found myself waiting for the novel to end.
I thought that “Deception Point” and “Digital Fortress” were excellent. I liked “Angels and Demons” a bit better than “Da Vinci Code”.

No comments: