Thursday, December 13, 2007

Biking and Swimming Stats

It has been some eighteen months, now since I had my knees replaced and I am pleased that I have pedaled 800 miles in mostly 10 to 15 mile trips. I achieved my goal of a 30 mile ride: I am swimming 1200 yards and set a goal for 1750. The new knees are part of me now so there will be no need to talk about them further. I am most grateful to Doctor Craig Ferrell , as fine a surgeon and human being I ever had the pleasure of knowing and those who supported me through the recovery.

3 comments:

virtual nexus said...

Enjoyed this look into your books - will keep an eye open for the Art Thief. Have visited Jane Austen's house in Chawton - and enjoyed Asimov as a youngster.

All the best with the new knees; sounds like you are doing the best therapy keeping them exercised!

Alan said...

Julie, Virtual Journey is amazing.So very glad to know of it!
Appreciate your comments.

Middle Ditch said...

My, you are doing really well Alan. I can't imagine what you have been through. It must have been agony.

You are a brave man.