Sunday, February 06, 2011

I am Back!!!

After six months of serious problems with my blog I seem to be able to post again.The many books from the library and my Kindlerun through my mind but it is difficult to discuss any single one. Instead here is a list of some of them:
The Emperor's Tomb by Steve Berry
Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
Fifty Candles by Earl D. Biggers(in the early 30s)
The Agony Column Earl D. Biggers (He created Charlie Chan after a real Chinese detective)
The Cavalier with The Yellow Doublet by Arturo Perez Reverte
The Confession by John Grisham
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier(second reading-really great)
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy(I keep re-reading- just love it!)
The Currents of Space by Isaac Asimov
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin
Cross Fire by James Patterson
The Floating City by Pamela Hall (Early Hawaii)
Old Books.Rare Friends by Leona Rostenberk and Madeline Stern
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Deliver Us From Evil by Baldacci
The Throne of Saturn by Allen Drury (writer from the 70s-very popular-space and politics)
Long Ride Home by Louis L"Amour
Lots more: will get them later, I remember the names but not the authors

A lot of fiction but with our world as messed up as it is, this is my escape. I was pleased to see over 3700 hits on my little blog; happy I can interest some lookers; many thanks to my followers and my family, Claudia in particular who tells me about books she has read and lends me material from her library. Winter has been hard this year: I miss my bicycle and outdoor activity although I must admit(reluctantly)that with birthday 84 coming up soon, I am slowing down a lot.
I believe that one of my posting problems had to do with my changing my e-mail. ageorge@united.net is no longer active but I must use it to post on my blog. MY NEW ADDRESS IS georgealan7@gmail.com

My best to all!!!

3 comments:

ImageNations said...

Welcome back. I would look forward to your postings. I appreciate what you are doing. I enjoy this very much. Currently I am reading Pride and Prejudice ...

Alan said...

thank you very much for your kind words!!I hope that you enjoy Pride and Prejudice, it is one of my favorites,I have all of Jane Austin's novels in a single volume and I regularly re read the stories. I am in the middle of a thriller by Raymond Khoury called The Templar Salvation, it is very good
Thanks again
alan

Anonymous said...

I found my Dad Alan’s blog today on Xmas Eve. I think he lead me to it as I thought it was lost forever. I miss you Dad. Alan passed away 11/2018 - 92 spectacular years. I have taken the Reader in the family role with honor. Parker Alan’s Grandson is also a Reader - perhaps he too will inherit the role. I hope to figure out how to continue his blog. Best wishes to all!! Claudia